Welcome to Transforming Math Class!
Here you will discover a ton of resources, gain a deeper understanding of how students learn mathematics, and get inspired to take a risk or two in your classroom!
“In mathematics, the art of proposing a question must be held of higher value than solving it.” Georg Cantor
Some of the major themes we’ll be exploring:
- Shifting from teaching math to students to exploring math with students
- Creating time in the classroom
- Identifying and supporting a variety of challenges for all of your students
- The cognitive underpinnings of “simple” math tasks
- Identifying your teaching bias and curriculum mishaps
- Cultivating a classroom culture that encourages failure and deep thinking
- Discover why the history of math is more than a side-page in a text book
This will be a non-linear journey, but eventually, there will be a framework available to make it easier to navigate!